Sunday, August 22, 2010

Salsa, Salsa, Salsa - This one is FRESH!

Because it is always a crap shoot with my garden - fresh herbs or the tomatoes I scam from friends or from the farmers market, I vary with what my real ingredients will be, tho this is my base recipe:


Chop:

* Onions, scallions or leeks
* Garlic - crush, fresh only not the jar kind
* Ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed, chopped into chunks
* Chile peppers, fresh ones- Serrano or Jalapeno, finely chopped, remove the seeds (wear gloves if you need them)
* Red Pepper Flakes (if you like extra spice)
* Cilantro - fresh if you have it, Parsley if you don't
* Lime juice
* Lemon Juice
* Salt
* Ground Pepper

Chop onion and garlic - set aside

Combine onions and garlic with chopped tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, lime & lemon juice salt and ground pepper.


*If you are interested in adding more sweet to this recipe - try adding mangos or peaches - but strain off the juice so it doesn't become to watery.

No comments: