Sunday, January 31, 2010

Crustless Mini- Quiches

My friend Lainie gave me this recipe from one of those places that nobody bothers to read. I ofcourse have to change it up in order to make it my own - but these are so convenient you cannot help but make them. I am going to put them in the freezer, then take them out as I am ready to use them - great quick breakfast - :30 seconds in the microwave.

Oven 350 - bake 22 minutes

2C of shredded cheese ( I used Gruyere because I had it, I may use pepper jack next time)
1/2C half and half (I use fat free)
1/2C Mayo (I use canola mayo)
2 Eggs (Large or Jumbo work best!)
2T Flour
1/2t salt (I use 1 teaspoon kosher)
Black Pepper (to taste)

Goodies inside:
I use veggies and if I have ham or bacon I put a little in too. Onions, broccoli, spinach, crabmeat would work. Whatever you like. I also put a little Franks Red Hot in it to make it interesting.

Take Muffin pans and grease them up well (I use Olive oil) this makes 12.

Mix up all the cheese, 1/2 & 1/2, mayo, eggs, flour, salt and pepper - (Red Hot if you like it)

Take your chopped up goodies and sprinkle on the bottom of the muffin cups, then pour the egg mixture over the top. Fill 3/4 of the way up.

Pop in the oven.

No comments: